Being a mom is a selfless job and mamas often times put the needs of their babies and families before theirs. This can lead to the baby blues aka post partum depression. Combine no time for selfcare with raging hormones and it can lead to a less than happy mama. Including a few feel good beauty essentials in your diaper bag can help lift your mood and make you feel like you’re taking care of you.
Sometimes the smallest things can make the biggest impact and can help a busy mom feel good throughout the day.
Keep these mom-approved beauty essentials in your diaper bag for an on the go pick me up:
Delia skin care – refreshing face mist:
This cucumber infused face mist will help on the go moms remain cool as a cucumber while hydrating their skin.
A face mist is ideal when dealing with hormonal hot flushes making facial mists an ideal diaper bag beauty essential.
You can spritz your face as often as you need to help keep you cool and refreshed. A facial mist also adds much needed hydration to the skin which will give you a wonderfully hydrated look.
The main ingredients in this facial mist are:
- Rose hydrosol – calms any redness or irritation
- Aloe Vera- hydrates soothes and reduces redness
- Cucumber Extract: Contains proteins, lipids, vitamin C and lots of minerals.
- Glycerin: Helps treat acne and can reduce appearance of wrinkles. Adds moisture to the skin helping it appear supple and hydrated.
- Gluconolactone (and) Sodium Benzoate: Plant derived preservative which helps smooth the skin and can reduce appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Buy one for yourself here: Delia Skin Care Face Mist
This facial mist is hand made in Canada using only natural ingredients.
Dry shampoo – OGX Kandee Pop glam Mermaid Dust
Are you even really a mom if you don’t use dry shampoo? I am joking but it is a favourite for moms who simply do not have time to wash their hair as regularly as they’d like to.
Take your hair from limp and lifeless to fabulous in seconds with OGX’S mermaid dust. Perfect for on the go use and will take you from drop in play sessions to lunch date in an instant.
- This dry shampoo helps bust through dull, oily hair and extend time in between washes with this blend that absorbs excess oil and boosts body at the roots.
- This collection is available at Shoppers Drug Mart, Walmart Canada, Loblaws and all other major retailers, you can get the Kandee POP Glam Mermaid Dust Dry Shampoo for $11.99. Get one for yourself here: Mermaid Dust
- Glam Collection which contains a shampoo, conditioner, dry shampoo and a hair mask
- Notes of cotton candy, pineapple and coconut will have your hair smelling like a tropical vacation.
Multi Vitamins SUN DOWN NATURALS. The diaper bag beauty essential that is good for your health too.
Sleep deprived, nursing, hormones can leave a mama depleted. The post partum period can take its toll and having your vitamins conveniently packed in your diaper bag will ensure that you don’t forget to take them.
Sundown Naturals has specialized in making high-quality vitamins and supplements for over 40-years making them the ultimate diaper bag beauty essential.
Sundown Naturals offers a variety of quality vitamins and supplements that are non-GMO and 100% free of gluten, dairy, preservatives, and artificial flavours and colours
All Sundown Naturals products can be found at Shoppers Drug Mart and other major retailers across Canada
Vitamins I recommend for moms on the go :
- Sundown Naturals Adult Mutlivitamin Gummies ($10.97): a fun way to help maintain your bones & immune function. Flavoured in grape, cherry and orange, you’ll love adding them to your daily routine
- Sundown Naturals Vitamin D3 ($18.00): also known as the Sunshine Vitamin, it is important for normal growth and development of bones and teeth as well as improved resistance against certain diseases. Supplementing with the easy to swallow softgels provides an easy way to help get your daily intake of this essential vitamin
- Sundown Naturals Vitamin B12 ($13.19): This essential vitamin plays a role in helping the body metabolize carbohydrates, fats and proteins, while also helping to form red blood cells
Tinted Lip Balm: Body Shop Lip Juicer :
Get fruity with these 100% vegan, moisture-boosting balms. Scented with irresistible smoothie-inspired combinations. With blends of naturally derived extracts and five mouth-watering fragrances, Lip Juicers easily glide onto your lips for a smooth, soft and soothing finish. These super-cute lip balms are the perfect beauty essential to have in your diaper bag.
Lip Juicers are also :
- 100% vegan
- 5 collectable options
- Extremely hydrating
- Key ingredients shae butter, organic olive oil, marula oil
Collect them all : Body shop lip juicers
Hand cream – Loccitane Dry Skin Hand Cream
Diaper duty can = dry hands and nails.
Mamas can keep their hands and nails supple and hydrated with this luxurious and decadent hand cream.
This hand cream is so popular that one is sold every 2 seconds around the world.
Enriched with 20% shea butter, this super-creamy balm penetrates quickly to protect, nourish and moisturize hands.
- A combination of honey,
- almond extracts
- coconut oil are added to create a rich, smooth texture. This extremely effective formula leaves hands soft and smooth without leaving oily traces behind.
Pick one up for yourself : L’OCCITANE dry skin hand cream
This hand cream is my favourite because of how amazing it is but I also have to share how L’OCCITANE sources their Shea butter. Shea butter is a natural beauty balm, used by women in Africa for centuries. Since the 1980’s, L’OCCITANE has maintained a sustainable and fair trade partnership with the women in Burkina Faso who produce it. To further support these women, the L’OCCITANE Foundation encourages their economic emancipation by supporting literacy programs and women’s entrepreneurship projects.
Spoil a busy or expectant mom:
If you know a new mom, are a new mom or are heading to a baby shower. Be sure to include these items 🙂
Here’s my recent segment with CHCH Morning Live Discussing all the above products:
Thanks for stopping by and if you enjoyed this post you might like this one too